Below is a sneak peek of this content!
1201 Canal Street viewed from the Elks Building. 1201 Canal Street John Tibule Mendes took this photo of Krauss Department Store and the train station on 30-March-1919. Mendes stood on the roof of the Elk's Home, just across Canal Street, at 127 Elks Place. Leon Fellman built the store's first two floors in 1903. The five-story addition behind that first building dates to 1911. To the left of the store stands the offices of the Texas Company, better known as Texaco. The billboard on the roof displays the company's familiar star logo. That site is now a rental car parking...
Become a Patron! Support Edward's projects via Patreon