CONTEST time! Help us find “fading ads”
I’ve submitted the proposal for Fading Ads of New Orleans to The History Press! It’s looking good that they’ll accept the proposal and the book will move forward. That means I need fading ads! You guys are always wonderful about helping out with ideas and old photos. It’s time to reward that help.
Here’s how this is going to work. You submit a photo or a location to one of these places:
Comment on this post, or on the links in the following Facebook spots:
- NOLA History Guy
- Ain’t There No More New Orleans
- New Orleans – Still There More
- Edward Branley’s Personal Page
And you’ll be entered.
- Only two entries per individual per week.
- You can submit a photo or location suggestion only once.
- It’s OK if you suggest something someone else suggests. A lot of us don’t read the comments.
- I’ll judge your submission/suggestion as to whether it works for the book. If it does, you’re entered. If it doesn’t, you can suggest something else. My decisions are final.
- One winner per week. Weeks run Tuesday to Monday. The first week starts today, the last week ends on Christmas Eve.
- The weekly winner will be announced on the Tuesday after that contest closes.
I have four $20 gift cards for Wakin Bakin. So, you can choose between those or a copy of one of my books. While WB is tasty, it’ll be just the books when the gift cards run out.
Let’s Have fun!
I really do appreciate all y’all. You offer good conversation, lots of great research help, and you’re fun folks. I know you’d support this effort without an incentive, which is all the more reason to offer it. I’m looking forward to the discussions.
And we’re off!